Sunday, May 2, 2010

Oh Crap

I go looking for T after his skating lesson today to give him the wristband he needs for public skating, but he’s still on the ice where the lessons are.

I figure they’re just taking advantage of some extra ice time until the zamboni is finished cleaning the other sheet, so I get his attention and he skates over:

“They want me to try the learn to play and see how I like it!” he says.

So he tries it … and, of course, he likes it. 

In the learn to skate group he was one of the bigger kids and got things pretty quickly, but he’s being challenged in learn to play.

Of course, this screws up my timing and plan to take learn to play at the same time he does … after I’ve had another couple months to practice skating.

One of the coaches told me its no problem, I can jump into the current adult learn-to-play class and there are enough coaches in it to work with me on skating, but I’m a little leery of that.  I don’t want to be the suckiest guy in the class.

I need to decide by next Sunday what I’m going to do about that. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment